14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—
Eph 6: 14-18
As I was praying at night I received this vision.
I found myself standing on a cloud high in the heavens. All around me was blue sky and below me were masses of clouds, forming a level beneath my feet. From the west came many chariots, each one being pulled by one horse and in each carriage one man.
The chariot riders were wearing breastplates made of pure gold. Upon their heads were helmets, they were warriors. The horses too were wearing beautiful embroided breast collars with gold on them. The horses and their riders raced past me towards the east. I stood there in awe, watching as they rode the clouds, one after another.
Next thing I knew, I found myself in the throne room of God. It was not so much a room because I could see the sky above . To my left was a sea of people gathered not far off from the throne. They wore white clothes and their number was uncountable. It was like an ocean of people that had no end, I could see them all the way to the horizon. There was a light which eminated from the crowd.
At the front I saw the throne whereupon our God sat. There was so much light coming from His direction, I could not look with my eyes. Then I realised that the crowd was reflecting the light coming from the throne, they were reflecting the Glory of God. Everything in that room reflected the mighty Glory of God. The air around me felt thick. I understood that it was the presence of God, the air was thick with his presence. It permeated every microscopic molecule that existed. This is the best way I can express it with the language I have.*
I looked down at myself. I too was wearing a white robe, but mine had bloody spots on it. I felt ashamed to be standing there in this awesome place with these bloody clothes. Not far ahead, I saw our Lord Jesus Christ. I ran to Him and cried “Lord help me”.
He answered me, ” Do not fear. These are what remain of the wounds that you suffered from the enemy in your battle. But do not be discouraged, for you have overcome.”
I felt so relieved to hear this, and was so grateful for the encouragement. But soon I remembered the warriors on the chariots that I had just seen. I was grateful to know that I had received the victory, but I still did not want to be seen in the bloody clothes in that awesome place, where everything looked perfect. I fell at Jesus’ feet and repeated, “Lord, help me”.
I felt His touch on my shoulder. At His touch, these words entered my mind and I said them out loud, “My righteousness comes from you Lord.”
A breastplate, made of the finest gold appeared on my chest, over my bloody robe.
The next thought which entered my mind was “If you abide in my word, then you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free”. I spoke these words out loud, and there appeared around my waist a beautiful leather belt, studded with jewels and stones of different colours.
By now I had caught on to what was unfolding. I thought about the word salvation, but the only verse I could think of at that particular moment was one that we all learn in Sunday school during our childhood, namely; “For God so loved the world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life.”
When I spoke these words out loud, a helmet made of silver was placed over my head.
The next verse which then came into my mind was Luke 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for He has annointed me to preach the Good News to the poor.” Upon saying that, leather sandals, also studded with sparkling jewels appeared on my feet.
John 3: 16 entered my mind once again and as I repeated out loud “whosoever shall believe in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life,” I was handed my shield of faith by Jesus.
At this point I jumped up and proclaimed “The word of God is the sword of the Spirit”, overjoyed that I had been able to recall some of the word of God.
As Jesus handed me a silver sword, which shone with a light He said “Well done my servant.” He motioned behind me with His head. I turned around and saw, waiting for me a white horse, wearing the same golden breast-collar as the horses I had seen before and attached to the horse a chariot, a light shining out of it. It too was reflecting the glory of God.
This is THE most beautiful and amazing vision that I have had so far.
There are some things I want to say:
- I know that there are a lot more better verses that I could have recited in the vision on the topics of righteousness, faith, salvation etc. But while I was in the vision, the ones mentioned above are the first ones that came to mind. Since August, just after my first deliverance session, I started making an effort in memorising Bible verses. This is soooo important and I would encourage all believers to do this. I bought a little book in which I write all the Bible passages that I am memorising. I read them out loud often, sometimes in the mirror as proclamations over myself.
- To get you started check out this link: 10 Tips for Memorizing Verses – My Bible
- It is one thing to proclaim the armor of God over yourself, but it is another thing to really internalise that you are actually wearing the armor of God. Visualise it, put it on mornings before you leave the house, wear it all day, put it on again before you sleep to protect yourself in your sleep. Read up more about the different parts of the armor (faith, truth, righteousness etc).
- Read the word of God daily, this builds up your inner man. Jesus defeated Satan in the desert with the Word. I realised for myself that If I was going to walk in the prophetic ministry, the Word of the Lord had to flow out of my mouth like honey, it had to bubble up and flow forth like rivers of living water. Read, read, read your Bible!
- The war never ends. I may have won my own personal battles, but as soon as I stepped into that chariot, I was heading into another war, the war of the Lord against the principalities and powers of this dark age. The battle field only got bigger, but by the Name of Jesus we shall conquer and win. Victory belongs to Jesus.
*It is hard for me to explain this. Think about how when someone walks into a room and somehow everybody notices that he has arrived. That person has a certain presence around him. This can often be seen with people who have authority, they carry a presence. Now times this by I don’t know, a million. That’s what I felt in the vision, I felt the presence of God “physically”. It was quiet overwhelming. I believe one day when we have our resurrected bodies, we will be able to be in the presence of God without struggling.
Here are the Bible verses which I mentioned above, which I am also currently learning off by heart.
Isaiah 54:17 (NKJV)
17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.
John 8: 31-32
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
John 3:16 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Luke 4:18-19 (KJV)
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.