What a year it has been.
When I prayed with my best friend on New Year’s Day 2017 in Poland for the upcoming year, I did not and could not ever imagine that God would do the things that He has done in my life this year. It takes my breath away and really stirs me up as I write this.
I just wanted to encourage everyone who is on their journey with Christ. God is sooooo big and sooooo awesome!! His living waters never run out, so wherever you are on your path with God, God still has so much more in store for you on this life. I was listening to an amazing sermon about the supernatural. The speaker, Markus Kettner, talked about how supernatural events did not only happen in the book of Acts and how they are not only for Charismatics and Pentecostals. The supernatural can be found throughout the whole Bible, from the very beginning where the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters, to where God spoke the whole of creation into being just by his Word, to Moses leading the Egyptians out of Egypt (the burning bush, his rod turning into a snake, all the plagues on the Eyptians, the provision of food and water for the Israelite’s in the desert); all the way into the New Testament where Jesus healed the sick, drove out demons, fed the 5 000 with five loaves and five fishes, walked on water, raise the dead; all the way to the last book of the Bible, the book of Revelation which is probably the most supernatural book we have.
Our salvation too is supernatural, by faith we are saved i.e believing that Jesus died on the cross, that His blood has the power to cleanse us completely clean of every sin that we have committed and of future sins we will still commit. What else is it other than a supernatural event, when we receive the Holy Spirit who then lives in our bodies after salvation? How does God put His Spirit in us and give us a new heart, how does He renew our minds? How is it possible that we are already seated with Christ in the heavenly places (Eph 2:6)? And when we are filled up with the Holy Spirit and go on to prophesy, to speak and sing in tongues, to heal and cast out demons, to receive words of wisdom and knowledge, this is this not all supernatural power of God working through us by His Holy Spirit?
So when Jesus says,
Mark 16:17-18 (NKJV)
17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they[a] will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
He is just talking about the signs that will follow all those who follow Him, those who are His disciples. Jesus is not setting the bar so high that only special annointed prophets and apostles can do these things. No! so can you too, you who believe. Look at this Bible passage
Luke 10: 18
The Seventy Sent Out
10 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also,[a] and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go. 2 Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. 3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves. 4 Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. 5 But whatever house you enter, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 And if a son of peace is there, your peace will rest on it; if not, it will return to you. 7 And remain in the same house, eating and drinking such things as they give, for the laborer is worthy of his wages. Do not go from house to house. 8 Whatever city you enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you. 9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But whatever city you enter, and they do not receive you, go out into its streets and say, 11 ‘The very dust of your city which clings to us[b] we wipe off against you. Nevertheless know this, that the kingdom of God has come near you.’ 12 But[c] I say to you that it will be more tolerable in that Day for Sodom than for that city.
Woe to the Impenitent Cities
13 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you. 15 And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades.[d] 16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”
The Seventy Return with Joy
17 Then the seventy[e] returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.”
18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather[f] rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
Jesus said to the 72, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.
Therefore as believers we should:
- Be going out and harvesting people into God’s Kingdom
- Pray for God to send out even more laborers
Going back to my new years prayer, I offered everything that I am, every single part of me and said; use me Lord, Your will and not mine be done, take over and lead the way, I submit to your plan for my life, no matter where you may lead me. I just poured out my heart to God.
When I came back to Germany, I started a process of cleaning up my house. I gave up certain things that I knew were occupying too much of my time or were just carnal in nature. I had to make decisions. So what were the results of my prayer?
- Firstly, around June this year I started this blog, inspired by a prophetic book I was reading at the time which recorded visions, of which some were very, very similar to dreams and visions that I too had had in the past. So I decided to step out in public with my prophetic seer gifting
- God brought someone into my life who really helped build up my faith in terms of healing, miracles and being led by the Holy Spirit. I started stepping out in faith and praying over people for healing.
- I attended (finally) a Last Reformation Workshop. I had wanted to attend one since over a year but they were always far away. This year in August one took place right in my own city :-))
- I started being able to prophesy over people
- I received breakthrough in fasting (it became easier and easier the more I did it).
- I started memorising Scripture and the memorising of Bible verses became easier. I had tried this before a couple of years ago, but the verses just never stayed in my head. Now it’s like they are written in my heart.
- I received new visions and dreams, and the visions became more real. The rest of my senses (smell, touch, taste) were also engaged in the vision, so no longer just my sight.
- I took part in my first deliverance, completely unexpected. It happened when we baptised a homeless man who had just come to Christ with the Holy Spirit. It was then that he fell and demons began to manifest. I wrote about it here Freedom, Deliverance. Since then I have participated in other deliverances.
- I too went through a process of deliverance. It has been hectic. I am still undergoing inner healing because of all the open doors (sin and past pain) that allowed the demons to come in in the first place. Deliverance is not an overnight process.
- I received breakthrough in prayer. I love to pray, I knew I wanted to be able to pray for much longer than just 20 minutes, I longed to pray for hours.
- I participated for the first time in my life, in baptising someone. This was a very special moment for me. This too was unexpected, I will blog about the story one day.
- I have been reading, listening to sermons, gathering information on biblical matters more than I have in any other period of my life. I am literally covering and soaking myself in God’s word (Read Psalm 1 for encouragement in this area).
- God has revealed to me, through visions, what I look like in the spiritual realm. I pray that God would reveal this to you all as well, that you may see your greatness as a son or daughter of the Most High God, see yourself as the Priest that God Himself has ordained, you who will rule one day together with our Lord Jesus Christ.
Two years ago, if someone had told me that the signs of Mark 16 would follow me, I would not have believed it. I praise the Lord.
And to end of, I would like to share this prayer. It is the latest Bible passage that I have written in my heart and I pray this over myself everyday. That God would give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, that the eyes of my understanding would be enlightened.
Ephesians 1:17-23 (NKJV)
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding[a] being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
Also check out these posts:
“I Have Decided” – ELEVATION WORSHIP: http://youtu.be/iRb769P50IQ