Last week Sunday I received deliverance. I won’t go into all the details but focus on something that I want to warn others about.
During the deliverance, the deliverance minister was able to discern that I had a spirit of death. She asked me if I have ever attempted suicide or had suicidal thoughts. The first thing that came to my mind was a point in my life, 6 years ago when I was pregnant and depressed. At the time I was in an emotionally abusive relationship. I had tried to walk out of the relationship many times but somehow always ended up back in it. One day I was feeling very hopeless about the future and about the relationship I was in. It was a nightmare and I felt so trapped in the situation. That day I was standing on a balcony thinking over the whole situation. A thought entered my mind, that if I would just jump out the window right then, all my problems would come to an end. I wouldn’t have to deal with my insane relationship, with the pregnancy and I would be free.
Of course I never jumped, I am still here blogging this post but, the thought did cross my mind, as it probably does cross the mind of many people who come to a point in their lives where they feel like they are in a dead end or between a rock and a hard place. In this moment you feel isolated, trapped, way over above your head, hopeless, powerless, fighting to retain your sanity, surreal, in despair. These are the moments of weakness that the enemy uses to whisper dangerous thoughts into your mind like “jump!” or “pull the trigger!” That is what he does, he waits for our moments of weakness and takes full advantage of them.
So how did I receive the spirit of death? Just from having a suicidal thought. The deliverance minister explained that with this thought I gave the rights to my life over to the devil.
Once the devil has rights over your life:
- God can no longer bring about the plan and calling that He has over your life
- The devil gets to call the shots and decide what happens in your life. (absolutely horrifying right?)
People who have also actually attempted suicide are also at risk of receiving this spirit. I shared my testimony with my sister who is finishing up her Masters in Psychology. For her it was a revelation because she said they see many patients at the hospital who attempt suicide over and over. Once the spirit of death is in your life, he will keep whispering, speaking to you to convince you to give up your life. That is why he must be cast out.
John 10:10 (NKJV)
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 14:6 (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
1 John 2:24-26 (NKJV)
Let Truth Abide in You
24 Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life. 26 These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.
1 John 5:13
I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.
Through Jesus we have LIFE, abundant life, eternal life! Amen!! the Devil knows this and that is one of his strategies, to take lives and take them without mercy. War, violence, abortion and suicide are just some of his strategies. The world is full of hopelessness and despair and people turn to these things as solutions, only putting themselves into more spiritual bondage. Only Jesus can set us free, he is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
So Christians can have demons?
I have been a born again Christian since last year 2016. I was baptised in water and in the Holy Spirit. But as you can see, also from my previous posts, Christians can have demons. Derek prince mentions how the one of the biggest lies that exist in the church community today is that Christians cannot have demons. It is possible for Christians to have demons because we are made up of three parts,
- the body/flesh
- the soul (mind, personality and will)
- and the Spirit.
The flesh and the soul may still be subject to demonic interference if they are not kept in check. That is why as Christians we have to be led by the Spirit, and not by the flesh or the soul. I will post more links below about this particular topic. Frank Hammond who was a deliverance minister with his wife, stresses how important it is for Christians to receive deliverance. Him and his wife used to do deliverance on each other at home and also on their deliverance teams on a regular basis. John Eckhardt also recommends that every Christian should go for a deliverance at least once a year. Why? Because Christians are also still human. We may have sinful thoughts, we may sin, we can still be traumatised or witness trauma, we can be victims of other people’s sins, we can get depressed, we can be sick and have a spirit of infirmity. Also, just because we have come into salvation and our sins have been forgiven, does not not mean the consequences of our sins have been removed. Things that came to set up house in our souls and flesh still have to be cast out. John Eckhardt uses a nice example of when Jesus chased out all the merchants outside the temple. Just like the merchants who were selling outside of the temple (because they could not enter the Holy Place), demons can attach themselves to our flesh and our souls, but not to our Spirit, and they too must be cast out so that the whole temple is clean.
I really want to stress that yes, even your thoughts can open up demonic doorways into your life. More about that here Your thoughts and demonic doorways. This was certainly the case for me. So for 6 years I had a spirit of death because of my suicidal thoughts.
Demonic doorways can be opened through:
- Experiencing a traumatic event or witnessing one (for example witnessing a murder, being in a bad car accident or getting mugged can open up the door to the spirit of fear, anxiety, paranoia etc)
- Getting raped, sexually or emotionally abused as an adult or child (Spirits of hurt, emotional problems, trauma)
- addictions (spirits of alcohol, nicotine, gluttony, caffeine and sweets/sugar)
- Growing up in a war zone or in extreme poverty
- Growing up fatherless, motherless, as an orphan, your parents might have thought about aborting you or attempted to and failed (can open doors to spirit of rejection, self-rejection or fear of rejection, the orphan spirit, the spirit of fatherlessness etc)
- Being rejected by people, family or even the society (for example rejection because of the colour of your skin, for your beliefs or your social class can open up doorways to the spirit of rejection. I know a lady who said it was revealed to her that she has a spirit of rejection from growing up under the apartheid regime in South Africa. This does not mean that all black South Africans have this spirit)
- Sin (addiction, lust, anger, fits of rage, sexual immorality, homosexuality etc)
- Being involved or having experimented with the occult (palm reading, visit to a psychic, seances etc can open up doorways to the spirit of witchcraft, rebellion and divination)
- Being part of a false religion/sect and reading literature from such false religions or reading heretic books (Eastern religions, pagan religions, practising yoga, mind sciences, Mormonism, Jehova’s Witnesses,)
- Inherited generational curses through the bloodline (many diseases such as diabetes, strokes, heart problems and familiar spirits may come down through the bloodline)
- False Christian doctrines (Read 1 Tim 4:1) promoted by seducing spirits. These can be and religious and legalistic doctrines, doctrines that despise the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, doctrines designed to attack the validity of certain parts of the Scriptures or doctrines that emphasise fleshly activities etc
- Emotional and mental problems
- Many many more…watch the video which I posted below
Check out the links below for more info. Inform yourself more about this topic.
Ephesiens 4: 17-18
17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of[d] the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart
I wanted to share this to encourage believers to go and seek out deliverance. You don’t know what you are still carrying from the past or what you have picked up along the way. If you think that you do not need deliverance this could indicate a problem with fear or pride. I also want to encourage those who are right now in a moment of despair and hopelessness. There is hope in Jesus Christ. Seek out help, use your last strength to find another believer you can talk to. There are many online Christian counseling services too. Once you have started the process of healing, make sure you receive deliverance so that the past doesn’t “haunt” you. It can haunt you without you even knowing it, especially if you have a deceiving spirit that blinds you even to your own errors. Hurt and Pain are spirits that can follow people for years.
God loves you and he wants to set you free!
Buy this Book: Pigs in the Parlour by Frank Hammond